PDCA is looking for speakers to present the latest information in business growth, marketing, finance, management, products, and techniques which can be applied to the painting industry. We are excited to spotlight new ideas and fresh voices at the 2018 Painting and Decorating Expo in Galveston, Texas on February 21-24. If you or your company has information to share that will be useful and engaging for other contractors, please read the following Presenter Guidelines and the Commitment To Educational Excellence, and submit your presentation to PDCA Education by September 1, 2017 using the form below. In order to ensure all presentations are of the highest quality and offer superior practical value for Expo attendees, the Presenter Guidelines and Commitment To Educational Excellence will be followed closely for all 2018 presentations. If you have questions please contact us: (800) 332-7322, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in presenting at the Painting & Decorating Expo 2018. Presentation submissions must be received utilizing the form below by August 15, 2017. Presentation selections will be finalized by September 15, 2017 and presenters will be offered an agreement stipulating the Presenter Guidelines and the Commitment To Educational Excellence. Upon receipt of signed agreement PDCA will begin marketing your presentation to its membership. If you are selected to present at the 2018 Expo you will be asked to provide PDCA with your presentation notes and your completed slide deck no later than January 31, 2018.
- Presentations will take place on Wednesday, February 21 through Saturday, February 24, 2018 (final schedule will be forthcoming)
- Each full classroom presentation is expected to be 75 minutes in length
- Presenters selected by October 15 must sign an agreement attesting to each presenter’s understanding of the Presenter Guidelines and the Commitment To Educational Excellence
- Presenters will receive a complimentary Expo registration on the day of their presentation, or a full event registration for $250 off the regular price. PDCA does not provide additional monetary compensation to presenters.
- Presenters may request space to distribute literature or sell books and products at the Presenter Sales Table (see submission form)
- PDCA Associate members will receive priority consideration for selection, with full discretion for final selection residing in the PDCA Education Director and Education Review Panel.
- PDCA reserves the right to record and distribute all presentations offered by presenters at PDCA’s Expo
The list below contains suggested/recommended topics for presentations. Other topics will be considered upon submission.
- Best Business Practices
- Blue Print Reading
- Business Growth
- Business Strategy
- Commercial Painting
- Employee Management
- Exterior Painting
- Business succession
- Green/ Environmental Painting Solutions
- Health risks
- Human Resources
- Industrial Painting
- Industry Direction and Change
- Interior Painting
- Internet Marketing Management
- New Products
- Paint Ingredients/ Chemistry
- Product and Applications
- Project Management
- Residential Painting
- Resource Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Small Business Success
- Social Media
- Succession Planning
- Website Design and Marketing
- Women in Contracting
Presentation Schedule Overview:
Classes within the 2018 Expo dates are currently being determined and will be subject to change.
Note: Education schedule is subject to change. All presenters must remain flexible and prepared for schedule adjustments. For the full Expo Schedule visit the 2018 Expo schedule (TBD).
Standard Presentation Room Equipment:
Classrooms at the 2018 Painting & Decorating Expo will provide the following resources for speakers. Items not listed here will be considered when requested by a presenter but their availability is not guaranteed. Rooms will be arranged in “classroom” setting, providing a seat and table for attendees.
- PC (running Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Podium and table
- Lavalier Microphone
- LCD Projector and Screen
Commitment To Educational Excellence:
By agreeing to present at the 2018 Painting & Decorating Expo, presenters agree to uphold Contractor College’s Commitment To Educational Excellence. This Commitment is designed to maintain the highest quality of educational standards.
The benefits of a commitment to a high standard of educational excellence guarantee:
- Presenters’ professional reputations will become synonymous with the high quality education offered at Contractor College events and will be viewed as a reputable business resource
- PDCA education will maintain consistency between its educational mission and products
- Participants will continue to receive the high quality education they have come to expect from PDCA programs
To ensure the integrity of these benefits, presenters must be prepared to agree to the following standards:
- Delivery of the course, as approved by Contractor College, without disproportionate endorsement, marketing, or bias
- Limitation of company logos, product name, and/or branding
- Distribution of information and handouts solely with intent to reinforce the learning objectives
- Creative teaching techniques and devices appropriate for learning objectives and learning styles of attendees
- Accuracy of all presentation materials and information
- Conciseness of presentation-timing to fit parameters of course schedule
- Refraining from requiring attendees to submit contact information
- Direct coordination with, and required approval of, PDCA National Education Manager, Chris Shank, for all details relevant to presentation information and materials, event logistics, and delivery specifications.
- Consistent and optimistic representation of PDCA and all of its representatives, materials, and education in presenter's verbiage, conduct, and content in accordance with the superior quality and integrity of PDCA's Ethics, Education, and Excellence